1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview this Friday...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by zxczxc, Mar 23, 2011.

1. zxczxc

zxczxc New commenter

I applied for a job last week (currently doing PGCE Maths), and got an email on Monday (at 10pm!) that I was shortlisted for an interview this Friday. However, the school still haven't sent out the details of the interview... what lesson I should prepare, the timings, nothing!

What I want to know is whether this is even remotely common, or is this school exceptional in their laid-backness? Also, given the fact that it's now gone 5pm, I'm realistically not going to find out until tomorrow - the day before the interview. Is there any productive way I could complain about the lack of preparation time?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

State or independant? If the latter you might not be askes to do a demonstration lesson and if the former they might just want you all to prove what you can do on the day eg I've recently heard the candidates were given a stimulus & given 1/2 hour to plan a lesson using it as stimulus. So no pre-preparation needed.
    have a good look at all the interview advice at the start of this forum.
    Best of luck!