1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview technique

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mckeedt, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Hi there,
    Firstly I think the replies on this forum are very helpful and positive.
    I am looking to relocate in Scotland but despite now having had more interviews than before (5 in the last month) I cannot seem to perform on the day. Various feedback has included not saying enough / saying too much / not being specific enough.
    I have been in touch with the TES careers advisor and hopefully that will help. Just wondering if anyone else had any ideas? I understand this is a common problem - it is just very frustrating when I feel I do a good job but cannot prove it in the heat of an interview.
    Good luck to anyone in the same boat - I really wish you well!

2. Completely in the same boat (See post on this board) - but have admitted defeat and am retiring from teaching having not even completed my NQT. I am completely heratbroken.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, the interview is a major part of appointments - yet there are SUPERB teachers who just curl up and die in an interview situation.
    I know, I've seen them, and my heart goes out to you.
    All I can do is give you our general interview advice: Firstly go to the Welcome thread here on the JobSeekers Forum, and read the general advice in the two Interview clickables.
    And then read this: * * * * * Teaching a lesson at interview * * * * * It's near the top of the page always.
    Do read this thread too :
    Safeguarding and Child Protection - the questions, NOT the answers.
    And the thread with the famous Middlemarch mind mapping in it:
    Dear Theo and all- Get to the interview, but nerves always get the better of me. What to do?
    These should give you the basic tips and advice for really showcasing all your skills in that interview.
    Best wishes for SUCCESS in an interview