1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview teaching help. - one artefact

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pottyparrot, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I have another interview next week and it says I need to have a an artefact and engage the children in a 20minute discussion discussion. Any good ideas for what I cud do? Xx

2. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

How about a key?

3. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Could your artefact be a bag with some other 'artefacts' inside it? The pupils could then discuss the type of person who had lost the bag - put in some conflicting things eg girlie bag with girlie stuff but also a very old item eg coin from WW1. Or the opposite a 'man bag' with boy stuff but also a ribbon or childish drawing.
    They could discuss the occupation of the person but also the personality etc and of course why the 'odd' item is there.

4. I think I'll go for the idea of having a bag or a box and getting them to work out who it belonged to. What kind of prompt questions do you use for the discussion ??

5. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Hi - what did you use and how did it go?