Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.
Don't forget to look at the how to guide.
Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by tomtom123, Mar 14, 2012.
What tasks have people had in Headteacher interview. Can anyone help?
Love to. I've had:
* series of panel interviews, each on a different aspect of leadership/management, done as a carousel
* presentation to full governing body (20 mins)
* written exercises, e.g. analysis of budget and writing of budget plan
* analysis of data, writing of report and presentation to full governing body
* in-tray exercise
* in-tray exercise with subsequent presentation of priority and reasons
* ten minute interviews with each of six tables of staff, one after the other (i.e. sixty minutes in all, non-stop)
* 15 minute interview with student council
* presentation to student council followed by 15 minute interview
* unseen presentation - subject given with ten minutes to prepare ten minute, notel-free presentation to final interview panel, followed by
* Hour long, final interview with full GB panel.
I think that just about covers it as far as I'm concerned. This represents both my headship interview processes.
Sounds good, Middlemarch!
And also a carousel of presentations.
You are given a list of 6 different panels, with areas of interest such as: Vision, Governance, Finance, HR and Curriculum, plus a random allocation of one of: Communities, Pastoral or Legal.
For each area there is a choice of 2 or 3 topics. E.G.
Panel E: Curriculum
• Raising D/E to C, OR
• Appropriate vocational qualifications for our Academy
Panel G: Pastoral
• Gang culture, OR
• White working class male students, OR
• Forced marriages
You choose one topic for each. You are then given 6 post-its and half an hour to prepare the six 3-4 minute presentations, to be given to each of the panels, and followed by 10-12 minutes of discussion on that topic or something different within the area of interest.
Perhaps you want to come to: www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com
TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.
I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March