1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview task

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by gsc12, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Please can anyone help, I need to plan for a 20 minute mini teach lesson for an interview. The lesson can be on any subject but needs to be suitable for a group of year 5 children.

2. Please can anyone help, I need to plan for a 20 minute mini teach lesson for an interview. The lesson can be on any subject but needs to be suitable for a group of year 5 children.

3. What subject do you want to teach? What are your particular strengths?
    Once you have determined this it may be easier for you to come up with some ideas.
    As a starting point you could visit the National Curriculum or look at the old QCA units to get a starting point. Once you have done this you can then devise a learning objective.
    When you know what the children need to learn you can then think of a really creative activity around that?

Nobody is going to plan it for you unfortunately.

4. I would like to do a literacy activity but I have have no experience of teaching year 5 and need to come up with something quickly so I can write my plans. Thanks for the advice I will look on the NC and QCA sites. It is just difficult when you have no idea what the children have already covered.

5. You could do a stand alone lesson using a stimulus.
    A good book for Year 5 is 'The Spider and the Fly' boys and girls like it. You could read it whilst walking around the class and become quite animated and then stop at a point and do a conscience alley type activity.