1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview task

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by jmntsp, Mar 3, 2011.

1. jmntsp

jmntsp New commenter

I have an interview next week and apart from an observed Y10 lesson and a formal interview apparently I am going to spend an hour doing 'Art In Tray Task'. That is the only information and I feel completely blind. Any suggestions anyone? I fear that I shall be expected to spend an hour sorting out the current post holders 'in tray' and doing their marking for them or grading GCSE papers. Help!

2. jmntsp

jmntsp New commenter

I have an interview next week and apart from an observed Y10 lesson and a formal interview apparently I am going to spend an hour doing 'Art In Tray Task'. That is the only information and I feel completely blind. Any suggestions anyone? I fear that I shall be expected to spend an hour sorting out the current post holders 'in tray' and doing their marking for them or grading GCSE papers. Help!

3. Are you interviewing for a Teacher of Art position, I have never heard of this before? I think you have every right to contact the school and ask for more specific details!! It may be a data activity where you have to identify underachievement according to expected National Curriculum levels for KS3 or underachievement in boys, trends etc.? I could understand that if it is a Head of Art position.
    Good Luck!

4. jmntsp

jmntsp New commenter

Thanks...I think I will ask. It's actually just a temporary supply post to cover sickness for half a term! I'm panicking a little because this is my second subject and I have never heard of it before, except in relation to Deputy Heads, etc where it apparently means prioritising paperwork tasks. Quite frankly I couldn't identify underachievement at KS3, etc. I've not taught Art for a long time and I'm out of date as far as marking work goes.