1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

interview task...aahh help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by nick909, Mar 16, 2012.

1. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Don't use two or more question marks together. Or any doubling up of punctuation, for that matter. The overuse of ellipses is stylistically poor as well, not to mention that they should only ever consist of three 'dots'.
    Sorry if that seems a bit arsey but your spelling, grammar and punctuation will need to be perfect. This is possibly more important than any content.

2. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Good advice from nick, there.

3. so you think my initial ideas are ok as long as there is good punctuation?

4. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Parents will be far more interested in their children than they will be in you. They will want to be reassured that their child will be looked after and taught well. Limit the life history and talk about what you intend to do for the school and children. But don't let it read like a party political broadcast either.

5. taj

taj

I agree that parents will be much more interested in what you will be doing with their children than in your life history. Perhaps you could tell them how much you enjoy teaching and working with children, about all the exciting, fun things you are planning to do with the class, and how approachable you are if their child has any problems, or parents have any concerns.
    As a parent, I would expect my child's teacher to be able to compose a well written letter that is grammatically correct and punctuated properly.
    Maybe writing is an issue at the school, and the Head wants to make sure any prospective teacher's own writing skills are up to scratch?

6. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Make sure it's typed in a font that isn't Comic Sans.