1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview response

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by katebennett28, Sep 12, 2020.

1. katebennett28

katebennett28 New commenter

Hello,

I had an interview on Friday morning. I thought it went well and they said they would call thats day.

I’m yet to hear anything but understand with everything going on this is probably the last thing on their list with it being the first week back in school.

was wondering if anyone had any experiences or advice?
    Thanks

2. Caramel2308

Caramel2308 Occasional commenter

Sorry to say this but it probably means you haven't got it. They will want it sorted as much as you. Saying that, you haven't got a no yet so there is still some chance. It could also be that they have offered it to someone but they haven't said yes yet which might open it back up again. Give them a call tomorrow and they will either tell you the outcome or promise a call back that won't come (meaning the answer is that you didn't get it) so either way you will know.

3. hankay

hankay Occasional commenter

I would agree with Caramel. You should give them an email or a call and state that you were told that you would hear back later that day and wish to know ASAP as you have other applications being processed. And if they fob you off again, keep emailing/calling every week, until they are sick of you and just want to give you the answer just to shut you up.

It is honestly awful how they will tell you one thing and then completely disregard their own responsibilites. It happened to me - I was told to hear within a week, I was kept waiting for nearly 1 month before I got an answer, and then another month on top of that for feedback on the interview (which they offered, I did not ask).

They told you they would let you know on that same day. They didn't. So you now need to pester them until you get the information you need. It would be a different story if they didn't offer such a timely response, but they did - so make sure you get it.

4. catslovelycats

catslovelycats New commenter

I know the covid situation is making everything tricky at the moment, but if my prospective school didn't keep their word about contacting me within a day of when they said they'd do it, I'd be wondering if their word is to be trusted in other areas. #SpeakingFromExperience

agathamorse and steely1 like this.