1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview RE Questions

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by khan102, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Any pointers anyone?

2. 576

576 Established commenter

You won't get many replies when asking for help with
    - interview lessons
    - application letters
    - interview question answers.
    The reason is because the interviewer needs to know who you are, how you teach. These things need to come from the heart and be sincere - and only you can answer what your philosophy is.
    As you've only posted 4 times I imagine you're a PGCE student. If so take what you have, talk to your school mentor who has seen you teach and see if they can help you finess it a little. They will have a better idea than any of us as to how it is that you actually teach.

3. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

plus you might be going for the same interview as one of us, would sound odd two people coming out with the same answers.

567 suggests some good idea.

4. I agree with 576, but I think if I had to answer those questions I'd probably think about:
    - How teaching religious studies differs between schools (e.g. faith schools)
    - What do you want young people to learn in RE
    And then:
    - What does a "positive attitude" mean to you?
    - What do you find motivates students?
    - How can you apply this to teaching RE?

5. matryoshkadoll

matryoshkadoll Occasional commenter

Well some questions that would produce a different answer to every interviewee might include:' Tell me about one lesson or activity that went really well. What was special about it? Why do you think it was so successful?' Then on the other hand.... 'Tell me about one lesson or activity that didn't go so well. What do you think went wrong? How did you deal with it? What strategies did you put in place? What was the final outcome of the lesson/activity? Or... What happened next time?

6. Thanks for the pointers Zoe, that's what I was looking for. I looked on the schools website and clicked on the RE section which gave me a good insight into what type of RE is being taught. I seem to be waffling a lot especially when trying to answer the 2nd question.

I come on TES to get some good tips as I know there are some experienced teachers on here so thanks to everyone who tried to help.

7. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Sorry, but I had to reply. This misuse of grammar is cringe-worthy. Teachers should know better!
    I am not the perfect teacher by any means, but I wouldn't make such basic mistakes - seriously try to check spelling/grammar in your applications as that sort of thing might exclude you from the shortlist.
    Sorry for the negativity but it's important. Good luck for the interview.

8. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Mis-read. You have an interview, so ignore me (although accurate grammar will always be important). Good luck x