1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview questions

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Greeengirl, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Greeengirl

Greeengirl New commenter

Now that interview season is upon us, I'm wondering what are the most challenging questions you have faced in an interview, specifically focused towards your teaching strategies/educational philosophy?

I've been fairly lucky in that most interviews I've experienced have been more like general chats & were not too stressful, but I have a feeling a couple of interviews I have lined up are going to be a bit more challenging. I've researched typical questions but I'm wondering if there have been any you've experienced that have really thrown you so... any advice from the more experienced members?

2. phat_sue

phat_sue New commenter

I’m not experienced but interested in your post.

I had a sonru interview recently that was so uncomfortable! I definitely need a person to bounce off.
    I was asked “what would we be missing out on by not hiring you?” All that popped into my head was witty banter!

Greeengirl likes this.
  3. walkingfred

walkingfred Occasional commenter

My favourite recently was 'what would your perfect day of teaching look like?'

Greeengirl likes this.
  4. What's your teaching philosophy? That one caught me out.

5. loislane1

loislane1 New commenter

Recent questions
    Tell me when you were innovative in the classroom?
    Tell me what your role is when students are leading their own learning?
    How do you ensure a good work life balance?