1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview questions

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Patontheback, May 10, 2011.

1. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

Theo

Just been to an interview and they asked an interesting question. What would I do if a manager asked me to do something I did not agree with. I have seen similar questions on person specifications. To be honest I do what managers tell me. That's what you do in school, isn't it? I made up something based partly on truth. Next time I will be ready with a made up story about how I disagreed with a manager and I was terribly polite and gave reasons why I wanted to do something in a different way and everything was amicable at the end. Right?

2. I think I would have split this question in two and answered if it was going to benefit the children or it was a suggestion about improving my teaching and learning then I would do what the manager asked. I might also suggest that I would talk to them and ask their rationale behind the request (depending on what it was). I would acknowledge that sometimes managers have to make tough decisions that affect everybody and that sometimes we all have to do things or work in ways we would not like.
    However, and this might be the point of the question (not sure so someone please correct me if I am wrong, if the request went again safegaurding or was putting children at risk or was illegal (it can happen I guess) then I would refuse and report to their manager or the headteacher or appropriate person in the chain of command.