1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview questions

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by DazzleDust, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Sorry about the c*** layout of that posting.....

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Dazzle - that is useful.
    I have copied them and then pasted using the little icon above us. With a bit of luck the formatting will be a bit better, but you can never tell . . .
    Thanks very much for posting this.

1. Tell us about your teaching career so far
    2. Why do you want to work at this school?
    3. Why do you want to/did you leave your present/last school?
    4. How do you ensure that all children make progress?
    5. How do you organise your classroom?
    6. What attributes would you like children to leave your class at the end of the year with?
    7. If you had a concern about a child, what would you do? (this relates to their safeguarding policy, so make sure you've read it and have a response ready)
    8. If you were unsure about a procedure in school, who would you ask? (I mentioned asking an induction mentor if there would be one, or the head teacher)
    9. How do you assess children and which strategies have you found most useful?
    10. How would you deal with a difficult/irate parent?
    11. How would you handle a child who was being disruptive?
    12. What behaviour management strategies do you use?

I shall be contributing to the Seminars over February half term.
    Look forward to seeing you!

3. pussycat

pussycat New commenter

A couple that I was asked this week were how would I stretch the very able and what could I bring to the school in an extra-curricular capacity. Also - what makes an excellent lesson? There were more and I shall try to remember them and add them to the post.