1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview questions - Involving governors

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by flora9449, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Hi, I've got a job interview on Monday (eep!) and I've been looking through the many example interview questions people have kindly posted up.
    I can think of answers to the majority of them, but there's one been mentioned a few times about how you involve the governors. I haven't a clue! Any tips?
    Cheers, Laura

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Is this for a leadership post, Laura? I am not sure that this would be asked much otherwise.
    And actually, we don't give the answers here - for the very good reasons that (a) they have to be YOUR answers, not ours, and (b) if we did, you might find that everyone in the interviews all saw the answer on here and said the same thing - wouldn't that look daft!
    So just try thinking a bit more about it - how could the G get involved, what could they do, when, with whom, what would the result be?
    Well done for getting that interview! We have a tradition on here of starting a new thread when you get a job. You call it Dear Theo - I got that job! We look forward to getting yours!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com