1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview questions - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'English' started by Clare Louise, Mar 6, 2007.

1. I have an interview very soon and am just wondering if anyone can help with possible questions for the formal interview - both that I may be asked and that I cold ask. I have been told my formal interview is my weakest area so any help would be greatfully recieved.

2. I have an interview very soon and am just wondering if anyone can help with possible questions for the formal interview - both that I may be asked and that I cold ask. I have been told my formal interview is my weakest area so any help would be greatfully recieved.

3. montyjacs

montyjacs New commenter

Hi Clare Louise
    I'm a hod and if you put your email address, I'd be happy to send you my list of questions I tend to ask candidates.

4. Hi sorry i know this is cheeky but I am applying at the moment, any chance of getting a copy of example questions too?
    thanks

zillahridley@hotmail.com

5. Himontyjacs
    If it's not too cheeky could I have a look at your questions please (after an unsuccessful interview)
    Thanks
    daredevilnev@aol.com

6. Please could I also have a copy of your questions? Feeling equally desperate!

boleynwalk@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks:)
    boleyn

7. A word of advice to all first time applicants.
    Immediately after your interview, jot down the questions you were asked. Similar questions are likely to be used in interviews at that level, whether for NQT posts or HOD posts.
    Also, prepare for questions such as 'tell us about yourself/your career to date/ why you applied for this post/what qualifies you for this post etc'. These vague openers are where you will give original replies, different from those of the other candidates. Remember the impression you make in the first 4 or 5 minutes will be the most important. research has shown interviewers decide whether they like you in the first minute or two, then look for evidence to reinforce their instinctive response.

Also, if asked what you would change/do in post, do not criticise what has been done in the past- say how you would build on it.
    If you are asked about your strengths and weaknesses, give a 'weakness' which is really a 'strength', eg a tendency to be too focused on work.

8. Some great tips Tiggywinkle!

Could I also have the questions if that is ok? Sorry to be cheeky!

teacher21@hotmail.co.uk

9. Hi Clare Louise

I had an interview this week and I was asked:
    -What are your priorities when planning a lesson?
    -How important is the role of the form tutor?
    -How would you address the issue of boy's attainment?
    -What can you offer the school other than your subject?
    -What is your policy on behaviour?
    -What makes a good A-Level lesson?
    -What have you found most challenging and most enjoyable?
    -What is the contribution of Media to English?
    These are the ones I can remember!

Good luck with your interview, just be yourself!
    Mx

10. found out got interview in one week - EEK! - if there's any chance of getting a copy of those questions would be sooo grateful.

many thanks! steph -

steph_strong14@yahoo.co.uk

11. Hi there - I have an interview next week also, so being cheeky can i please get a copy of those questions too?
    pussycatblack@hotmail.com

Many thanks

12. Sorry to be a pain also - some info on interview questions would be fantastic for me too!

My email is: rahk2@cam.ac.uk

Thank you so much!

13. Hi montyjacs

I know you must be completely fed up with sending out copies of your interview questions but I would be ever so grateful for a copy as well! My email address is: alicemkirby@hotmail.com

Thanks!

14. Hi

Sorry to be a pain but please could you send me a copy of the questions too.......

ftlady@hotmail.com

Good luck everyone!

Many thanks

15. montyjacs

montyjacs New commenter

Oops! Had a few days off logging on to the Staffroom and now realised loads of you are waiting for me to send questions. So sorry - will get on to it asap and hope it's not too late for anyone!

16. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Occasional commenter Forum guide