1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Questions GTP

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by xty100, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Hi,

I have an interview for Oxon Bucks GTP for History and am so nervous about what questions they might ask. Anyone have any suggestions on potential questions?

Thanks,
    Christy

2. Hi,

I have an interview for Oxon Bucks GTP for History and am so nervous about what questions they might ask. Anyone have any suggestions on potential questions?

Thanks,
    Christy

3. Why teaching? Why GTP (vs PGCE or other)? Why Secondary? Why History? Why do you think you will be a good teacher? What have you learned from your school-based experience so far? What challenges do you think you will face in your GTP year? What do you know about current national/local education issues (or specifically re History)? What can you bring to the teaching profession? What do you think makes a good/outstanding teacher? What makes a good/outstanding lesson? How do you think you would handle/overcome/motivate/engage disinterested pupils?
    There are also a lot of similar threads on here with good advice - have a read through them.

4. Fantastic thank you. Plenty there for me to thin about! Christy

5. I have one too for D&T. i hope yours goes well. good luck

6. Herringthecat

Herringthecat New commenter

Good luck all. I too am an Oxon Bucks interview candidate!
    Does anyone know how many they are interviewing? I thought I picked up somewhere that they were interviewing twice as many as they had spaces for, but I might be imagining that...