1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview questions galore! (it was a 45 min interview and a school council interview!)

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by pepperg, May 10, 2008.

1. I know this sounds like a silly question but how long did you spend talking for each question. I've been told that I didn't extend my answers enough but it felt like I was talking for ages on some of them. And how did you answer the question about yourself in 5 years? Thanks

2. I spent about 3 minutes on each question...but it seemed like hours! (especially as I took quite a bit of thinking time for some of the questions)

maybe a way to extend your answers would be referring not only to your practice but good practice you've observed? Do you have a portfolio? I found that having something visual I was familiar with...my plans/assessment/chn's work etc.in my hands meant my thoughts were much clearer and I could talk for much longer about specific things and back up what I was saying with evidence.

I answered the '5 years time' question by saying I would like to be a literacy co-ordinator (hopefully before 5 years time) and that I would like to be a mentor to a student, as I feel I would do it well...also 5 years on I would still be learning too (waffling about how we're always learning) and that a student could bring new ideas with them...lol!

hope that answers your question...

good luck :)

3. I was an absolute dunce in my first placement and didn't collect photo's/work etc. Obviously going to do that now but it is a bit late.
    I think my answers are just really jumbled and rubbish. Need to get some sort of structure to them. Just really unsure as to what they want to hear. Really down on myself at the moment as you can tell, just let 2 fab jobs slip through my hands and I'm finding it difficult to improve it.

4. Thanks izipink - really useful info - should help me prepare for interview on Wed - I also have an interview with student forum and wasn't sure what that would involve so thanks.

Good luck in your job

5. Pepperg, don't be disheartened, the right job is out there for you! Also, if you don't have photos/chn's work etc. don't worry...you could just use a few good plans, lesson evaluations and any resources you made.

Your welcome fairy_nuff! Good luck for Wednesday! (Honestly, the student council part is nothing to sweat about...they just want to see how you interact with chn)

6. Thanks for the questions they are really helpful, I have my first interview ever on Wednesday and really want to make a good impression.

7. Just bouncing this back up as I have an interview tomorrow and have found the questions here really good preparation.

8. smartiemonster

smartiemonster New commenter

So waht was your reply to the Teaching/Learning question?

9. ooh those are nice questions, I have an interview on monday and am swotting up! I think the teaching and learning one is the most tricky, could you tell me a little about what you said?

10. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

You need to work out your own approach to this question, really you do. If you all parrot identikit answers, the 'winner' at interview will be the person who thinks it out for themself.
    The best answer to this question (and there isn't a definite 'right' answer, though there are many 'wrong' ones) refers to your own practice, with 'For example, I had to teach...so I...' If you've done an observed lesson as part of the interview process, refer back to it.
    It's about you letting the children 'learn' rather than hogging the floor as the teacher - what techniques do you use to do this?

11. understand.

12. Normal

false
    false
    false

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-parent:"";
    mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin:0in;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:10.0pt;
    font-family:"Times New Roman";
    mso-ansi-language:#0400;
    mso-fareast-language:#0400;
    mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Hi

I read some opinions in this topic. I do not agree above
    ideal. We can find out some articles at about.com by using Google search.

13. Normal

false
    false
    false

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    font-size:10.0pt;
    font-family:"Times New Roman";
    mso-ansi-language:#0400;
    mso-fareast-language:#0400;
    mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

If you want to get more materials that related to this
    topic, you can visit: marketing coordinator interview questions

Best regards.

14. Hi all
    It take very long time ago to post a comment but i see that it is rally good topic

Thanks you

15. Normal

false
    false
    false

EN-US
    JA
    X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-style-qformat:yes;
    font-size:11.0pt;
    font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
    mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-fareast-font-family:"MS Mincho";
    mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
    mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
    mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

This link below can show more info, you can find them at:
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td class="xl66" style="height:15.75pt;width:389pt;">http://typicalinterviewquestions.info/training-coordinator-interview-questions/</td>
    </tr></table>