1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview questions for TLR role!

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by Buckley-T, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Buckley-T

Buckley-T New commenter

Hi! I am applying for a TLR role as intervention lead for English (at secondary) any ideas on questions to prepare for would be hugely appreciated. Thanks.

2. andthentherewerenone

andthentherewerenone New commenter

Hi,
    Have you tried ‘The Key’ website for school leaders? There is some good stuff on there including interview questions for various roles. I recently had an interview for a Phase Leader TLR and it really helped. Just clarified things for me!
    I’m primary so can’t be of much assistance with your specific role but the site is for secondary too.
    Good luck!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Congratulations! They have been impressed by your application; now to impress with your interview.

You could start by looking at the person specification and job description for the role. Identify broad areas/competencies and draw up mind maps for each. Talk to yourself aloud about the ideas you have come up with, and your personal experiences here. Don't forget Safeguarding and Child protection! Be quite clear in your mind about what you have to offer the school, what your message is - draw a mind map for that too! If HRH The Duke of York had thought through beforehand what his message should have been, he wouldn't have made such a mess-up of his interview!

You might also want to have a quick search on Amazon for any books to download about an interview for a teaching job. But be careful! Don't select anything American (you are not applying for a job in New York) nor anything about interviews in general (you are not applying for a job in Unilever). Interview for a teaching job in UK is what you need. And don't choose one that gives you the answers - if other candidates have read that book, imagine what could happen! Check out the reviews of the possibles to help you decide.

So as I said - you have already caught their attention as a possible new member of staff, they liked what they saw in your application. So take confidence from that!

Best wishes

ViolaClef and Lara mfl 05 like this.