1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS FOR T/A

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by ecoext, Apr 23, 2008.

1. pickles124

pickles124 Established commenter

Bruises on soft parts of the legs- all depends on the child. Are they mobile or immobile. Because if they are mobile it culd have been acquired accidentally so I would be looking at the type of marks and checking with the teacher whether they think this is an isolated incident. Has it happened before? I would look for other indications- withdrawal, not eating, marks anywhere else (if visible), does the child shy away from his or her parents, are they abnormally quiet.

Maybe I would ask the child how it happened (not entirely sure on this one)

If the child is totally immobile then I would be quite concerned and speak to parents, teacher at the end f the day

2. olunchick

olunchick Occasional commenter

For what would happen to their test - I said I would return it to the teacher as is and find time to complete it at a later time. It really depends on what caused them to storm out in the first place.

pickles124 likes this.
  3. pickles124

Olunchick- you are an angel Thank-you. I do know a lot, but its just getting it right. The marks on the body type of questions are always a bit awkward to answer as you don't want to jump the gun. But at the same time you don't want t miss anything.

I will keep praying for us all. xx

4. olunchick

Bruises on soft parts of legs like the back of the leg are unusual. On legs they are generally on shins and knees. So it was a safeguarding question. I would ask the child what happened and pass the info and my concern to DMS for child protection (usually head).

galerider123 and pickles124 like this.
  5. olunchick

With safeguarding the right answer is always pass it on, if you are concerned pass it on. Then you ‘ve done your bit and it’s up to DMS to decide whether to investigate further or not.

galerider123 and pickles124 like this.
  6. pickles124

Thank-you. I am sure there is a school and a job with your name on it. You came so close and that is highly commendable!

7. olunchick

Thank you for your words pickles. At this time I need a break, will start applying again eventually.

pickles124 likes this.
  8. pickles124

Please dont give up. Easier said than done i know. What really makes this hard us that there is only ever 1 post at a school. I have not yet come across a school that are looking to take more than 1 person.

Im sitting bolt upright in bed feeling nervous. :/

9. olunchick

I’m not giving up, just need a couple of weeks break. I will carry on looking. Good luck today, just do your best and you’ll be fine.

pickles124 and 123Vanilla like this.
  10. pickles124

Interview questions (SEN based)

Tell us about about yourself?
    Why do you want to be a teaching assistant?
    What is your idea or definition on challenging behaviour? How would you remedy such an incident?
    A child has bruise marks on thigh (cant remember if they said inner or outer thigh), what would you do?
    A teacher acts inappropriately with raising voiced shouting and telling a child off, what do you do?
    Are you happy to participate in personal care?

11. pickles124

Have you considered contacting teachers that you know for task input/feedback? If you live locally it might be nice to meet up with each other for moral support. Its good to have that kind of therapeutic friendship with others.

12. olunchick

Questions seem ok, nothing out of the ordinary. When are they going to be in touch with the outcome?

13. pickles124

They said hopefully this evening or tomorrow.. it feels like hours but because everyone had an observation and interview i kind of figured they would be finished by the end of the school day (factoring in breaktime and lunchtime)

I think 4 people were after me. If this is the case it may take longer to come to a conclusion.

14. olunchick

Keep yourself busy while waiting so you are distracted, time will pass quicker ! :D

123Vanilla likes this.