1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Questions for PGDE Maths teaching at Strathclyde

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by djaye14, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I havent had an interview at Strathclyde and I'm going for Primary but I thought I could help!
    The sort of questions you get are these:

http://www.teacherstalk.co.uk/faq/pgce/interview-questions.php
    Also the university of Kent do some if you type it into google, and some teachers have posted some on the resources section of the TES website which helped me :)
    I have just been interviewed by my second choice and they ask generic questions such as, 'Why do you want to be a teacher?' etc etc, so prepare some answers. Also prepare for some scenarios... the questions for my second interview were very wordy!
    My friend got interviewed for secondary english at Cambridge, and if you are applying for a topic related subject they do base their questions around the subject. Like, they showed her an object and they'll ask how you would use that for a particular lesson on maths etc etc!
    Do dress like a normal interview - even trousers and a shirt are fine, but also a suit! Just don't turn up in jeans!
    Best of luck!