1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview questions for Nursery teacher position!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by luckyluce, Oct 12, 2009.

1. luckyluce

luckyluce New commenter

Hi
    I have an interview a week on Monday for a Nursery teachers position. Does any one have a list of questions I may be asked so that I can prepare?

Thank you

lucycarolinetaylor@yahoo.co.uk

2. rouseau22

rouseau22 New commenter

Heya,
    im no expert, but stuff on safe guarding, eal, sen, outdoor learning and learning through play.
    oh, and working with a ta/nursery nurse.
    good luck

3. Hello, I just had an interview for a nursery teacher yesterday and got the job!
    The type of stuff they asked was about working with parents, how to deal with parents that had an issue, so I talked about how nursery was an important and sometimes difficult time to children and parents so reassuring the parents that you will do everything you can to help them and keep them informed etc.
    Erm they asked my about how I made all the areas of the classroom accessible and stimulating to all learners, I spoke about how observations would inform what I put in those areas, and putting activities for the visual, auditory etc learners, I also said that during one of my placements I had observed that the boys weren't using the reading and writing areas so to make it more appealing to them I put Ben 10 note pads and pencils in there for them to use, I put cars and stories about boyish things in the reading areas etc.
    Erm they asked what I thought about the keyworker system and how I would make this work successfully, I spoke about the importance of all staff being educated and very clear in what they had to observe and their role for the keyworker system to work in the best way.
    Errrrm! Basically just have a little swot up on the EYFS and have examples of lessons ready in your head relating to those areas you know will come up like SEN EAL, Partnership with parents etc.
    Good Luck!!! xx