1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview questions about Sex education!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by doomzebra, Mar 21, 2011.

1. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Taking things the wrong way should help cut teenage pregnancy rates

2. When
    I had to do some sex ed I just told them that I wouldn't be embarrassed and that I would always answer any questions they might have, and that if I didn't know the answer I would find out. I am not a scientist. i was just making up the numbers, nor have I any kids. I pride myself on my sexual intercourse technique(s) but they came up with loads of things that i had to go away and find out about. They never embarrassed me though, Ha!

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

During the year I spent in charge of PSHE I found a survey that said most high school kids didn't want Sex Education from their teachers and they felt more comfortable discussing such matters with an objective guest speaker, so that's how we organised it, much to the relief of the staff. Bloody minefield if you ask me.

4. I enjoy teaching it, Once had feedback from Ofsted as "well I learnt something so the class must have done..."!!!

The kids still ask me stuff even though current school has outside speakers to delivery SRE.

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

That was not a typo [​IMG]

6. I heard something stupid today about schools fining students who go on holiday during term times!
    Doesnt anyone else know about this?

7. doomzebra

Do they get fined for non sequiturs as well?

8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

If you want to discuss a new topic try opening a new thread!

9. doomzebra

There are actually several different views on this - some people prefer to have a big new topic inserted into an existing opening, which has already been exercised by cunning linguists, whereas there are those who prefer to penetrate into previously unexplored areas

10. A holiday in term time could result in an unauthorised absence, too many of those and the EWO gets involved, too many occasions and the parents can be taken to court and fined.

11. hmmm.
    hmmm.
    Yes, in Europe we all wave a *** around and call it sex ed.

12. doomzebra

The smaller your needle, the lower the chances of conception

13. insert joke about small picks here!
    Do I get double points!?