1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

interview question

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by SinC_n, Nov 9, 2017.

1. SinC_n

SinC_n New commenter

Hi,

im not sure if this is the right place to post this so sorry if it isn't.

I have an interview for a teaching placement and have just found out its a group interview and 1 of the questions I will be asked is, Reflecting on your educational journey, what could you contribute to this role? I also has 1min, 30 seconds to answer it in.

What sort or key information should I include? Should I relate how my degree contributes to the role?

Also what other questions are they likely to ask give it is a 45min interview?

Thank you:)

2. biggles_girl

biggles_girl New commenter

I have two interviews lined up too, I would perhaps reflect on teachers that have inspired you and how that will influence your practice also maybe something about struggling with something but kept on going showing determination and commitment

3. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

Answer all questions honestly and thoughtfully. They are not looking to see that you can give 'the right answer' (there isn't one), or say something clever - they want to see that you can reflect on your experiences, and that you have something to offer the profession/schools.

P.S. Education doesn't just happen in classrooms.

P.P.S. Avoid sounding like a cliche.

4. MissCleo

MissCleo New commenter

Just to add to the above, when it is a group interview you are likely to get some kind of task where you are asked to discuss something with the group (could for example be range these statements according to importance) and they will want to see that you are able to work in a team. If you have a task like that, make sure, even if you're worried or not sure you are right, that you join in the discussion, but that you also let others have a chance to talk.

In my interview, we were also asked to write a short text to answer a given question. Again, this is mainly to check your basic level of spelling and grammar, so do not worry too much about the content; but of course do stay on topic.