1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview question

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by mellieha1978, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have an interview for a French/German/Spanish job and part of the process is a "social conversation" with an MFL teacher in the language? Anyone come accross this before...and if so...what did they ask you?[​IMG]

2. Hi,
    I have an interview for a French/German/Spanish job and part of the process is a "social conversation" with an MFL teacher in the language? Anyone come accross this before...and if so...what did they ask you?[​IMG]

3. I conducted a few of these (as well as having had them) and I usually ask questions in the TL about your experience abroad, why you decided to be a teacher, what you think of trips abroad, how you would teach a bottom ability class, how has your training gone so far, your personality, I can't think of anything else. But basically it shows me that you can talk the language, check your accent and prononciation, fluency, and good at grammar you are. It doesn't need to be perfect but if you make a lot of grammar mistakes, get tenses wrong, etc, it's not playing to your advantage... be relaxed and natural, smile, it's important!