1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview question on assessmen

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by cys2017, Jul 13, 2018.

1. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

hello
    So at yesterday’s interview I was asked how I would keep the teacher updated on a child’s progress the child had a visual impairment and other complex learning difficulties.

I baisically said that I would update the learners individual profile and also communicate with staff during the lesson. I also mentioned taking notes of development whilst working with the student - like after the session or if it’s a quick tick box just do it during the learning.

Do you think I missed anything important in my answer. I’m new to interviews so would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks
    Cys2017

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

First of all based on your experience yesterday in the interview lesson, is there any answer you might like to change? For example was there really an opportunity to
    or would this be better done by using your idea of
    and feeding back after the lesson?
    Try reflecting on that lesson yourself. That's what good teachers do all the time, reflect on their practice to improve their teaching. Eaxh interview / teaching experience will help make you a better teacher and improve your practice.

cys2017 likes this.
  3. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

I was only in there for like 30mins so there wasn’t really time.. and she was sitting on the same table ..but working with the other students did keep looking up though.. I don’t know I am confused :(

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Not at the time perhaps, but reflecting back on it, what did you notice?

For example you did notice how the teacher focussed on the students but kept looking up. That's a technique you could develop. To be able to be focused and yet constantly be able to 'scan the classroom / students' for any potential hiccups, problems, misconceptions is something all good teachers do.

What did you notice about the structure of the lesson? How was it organised. File that information away and notice how it differs from other lessons you go into. Eventually you can decide which is 'more you'. Hopefully you will already have done lots of this in your placements to get you started, but every experience, even of 30 mins , will add to your repertoire.

Learning to scan a classroom quickly is another really useful technique. Especially if you have to do supply. You have about 5- 10 mins at the beginning of the lesson to work out HA, those who need help but won't ask for it, those you will constantly ask for help but need help to develop their own answers rather than simply helping them etc. Plus read any lesson notes left.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    cys2017 and agathamorse like this.