1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

interview question help please

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by cys2017, May 8, 2018.

1. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

Hi I went for a job interview and there was a question which I literally didn't know what to say..

How do I fit into the teaching, learning and assessment agenda and strategy?

can anyone help with this please?

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

I assume there is a development plan or policy in the school with this grand name to it. Check their website. Fundamentally its about your views on how teaching and learning are organised, curriculum, lesson planning and how pupils are being assessed for the year group/subject. Reflect on National Curriculum and government policy and the issues it raises.

3. snitzelvonkrumm

snitzelvonkrumm Occasional commenter

I would state that your priority is to use assessment to find out where your students are on the learning continuum. What learning experiences you need to create. To modify your delivery. To motivate students as they celebrate their progress. To monitor and record progress so that parents and school leaders can share the celebration or assist in developments. I would share the assessments you have developed to suit the needs of your class and the tracking methods that work for you. I would state that you hope to share your methods but more importantly learn from collegues, and together build a school wide assessment regime that works for the students.

ruthwill500 likes this.