1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Process

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Danni2, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Danni2

Danni2 New commenter

Just asking for advice really -
    Myself and two others in my school are NQT's that were employed for this year on a one year contract. At the time of interview we were told that on passing our NQT year we would have a formal interview with the head if both parties wanted to move onto a perm contract.
    However, as the start of the year roles around we find out that between us we are fighting for one post. And it continues - we have all been required to teach lessons for the HT to observe.
    So after agreeing to a process we were told wouldn't happen - we were graded 'unsatisfactory'. We have been told that they will observe us again in the next few weeks.
    Are they allowed to do this? Why do you think they are playing it this way? If they don't want us why don't they tell us we were unsucessful and advertise elsewhere? Thanks

2. Danni2

Danni2 New commenter

Just asking for advice really -
    Myself and two others in my school are NQT's that were employed for this year on a one year contract. At the time of interview we were told that on passing our NQT year we would have a formal interview with the head if both parties wanted to move onto a perm contract.
    However, as the start of the year roles around we find out that between us we are fighting for one post. And it continues - we have all been required to teach lessons for the HT to observe.
    So after agreeing to a process we were told wouldn't happen - we were graded 'unsatisfactory'. We have been told that they will observe us again in the next few weeks.
    Are they allowed to do this? Why do you think they are playing it this way? If they don't want us why don't they tell us we were unsucessful and advertise elsewhere? Thanks