1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview procedure

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by tacman, Feb 18, 2007.

1. I have no problems with the lesson, and look great on paper but I am poor at interviews. What sort of questions do you think could be asked? How can I improve my interview skills. Of course, I will be preparing my answers beforehand but I really need to impress my interviewers. Help please.

2. I have no problems with the lesson, and look great on paper but I am poor at interviews. What sort of questions do you think could be asked? How can I improve my interview skills. Of course, I will be preparing my answers beforehand but I really need to impress my interviewers. Help please.

3. Be confident, be yourself and let your personality shine through. Being yourself will mean you are more relaxed and therefore more likely to come across comfortable during the interview.

Take your time to answer questions - don't rush in and don't waffle - be direct and sell yourself at every opportunity you have. Make a point and then say how you demonstrated it/achieved it/were successful...

Use language that is appropriate for the position - schools love their jargon!

Good luck!