1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview presentation on Scottish education system

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by laurahun02, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Hi, I have a job interview coming up for the position of education development worker in an independent school for kids in residential care who can't attend mainstream school.
    I have been asked to prepare a 10 min presentation on the current education system in Scotland and how I would implement the aims of Curriculum for Excellence.
    I'm just out of uni and have never had a proper job interview before let alone had to prepare a presentation for one and I'm seriously nervous!
    Any tips/advice on content and layout for my pres. would be greatly appreciated!

2. Hi, I have a job interview coming up for the position of education development worker in an independent school for kids in residential care who can't attend mainstream school.
    I have been asked to prepare a 10 min presentation on the current education system in Scotland and how I would implement the aims of Curriculum for Excellence.
    I'm just out of uni and have never had a proper job interview before let alone had to prepare a presentation for one and I'm seriously nervous!
    Any tips/advice on content and layout for my pres. would be greatly appreciated!

3. I don't really recognise the title 'education development worker' - does it mean something like a learning support worker, or is it doing high-flying in-house training for teachers on ACfE, moderation, tracking etc?I imagine they're looking for your views on how to ensure the children in that school have as 'normal' an education as possible, in terms of the curricular experiences they have and outcomes they aspire to. You don't mention why they aren't in mainstream, but those reasons would be the key.A confident talk (how big an audience?) supported by powerpoint illustrations plus (if apposite) video or realia would seem a good idea.Try and work out what they want to find out about you from this exercise... and don't tell them what they already know.