1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Presentation Help

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by megangladwin, May 13, 2018.

1. megangladwin

megangladwin New commenter

Good afternoon :),

I've been invited for an interview for my current temporary role.

I have to give a presentation. The title is: How could you work as part of the team to achieve a good OFSTED judgement and what would I add to the school beyond the duties of a class teacher?

I've read the OFSTED report which focuses on improving progress; challenging pupils in maths; quality of writing; pride in their work; and children's personal development. I've been placing strategies in place to improve quality of writing (e.g. sentence doctor) and put up a 'best writing display'. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can fit this brief please?

I am also struggling on how to present it: powerpoint, large poster etc. Any ideas?

I really appreciate any suggestions :)

x

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

If you use PPT keep it gimmick free and don’t read off the slides ! Not too much content. They are a backdrop. Sometimes a well researched cartoon can illustrate a point( I used to use one about team building ) but you risk folk not sharing the humour and it will throw you if you are met with stony faces / silence. Rehearsal and timing is key . Get someone to proof read. Good Luck

3. Lucilla90

Lucilla90 Occasional commenter

And take something for back-up, e.g. brochures which you can smoothly hand out of the technology goes wrong!

minnie me likes this.
  4. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

Maybe think through what ideas you could suggest to deal with each of the points OFSTED made - as if you were bringing ideas to a team meeting... Maths - investigations? Pride in their work - a different approach to displays? Weekly awards in Assembly for great pieces of work? Personal development - re-evaluation of the PSHE scheme? Forest School? Residential trip? Life skills activities?
    PowerPoint is fine as long as you don’t just read the slides. The slides should give a memorable image, quotation or key points, while what you say links with but doesn’t repeat the slide. Definitely have the PowerPoint in a hand-out format for the panel in case the technology doesn’t play ball. Good luck!