1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview presentation help please

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by libby01, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Hi, I have been asked to prepare a presentation based on an activity I would do with a group of children in a school setting. I have to describe the context of the activity and the purpose behind it, and the evaluate how successful I think it would be.

Has anyone got a good ideas because I'm stressing out. I also have to bring a written statement showing my strengths in one of the extended subject studies. Have a written english test, be asked to write for 20minutes on my comments and views on Every Child Matters. Group task and Interview.

By the way I have applied for lower Primary.

thanks

2. Hi, I have been asked to prepare a presentation based on an activity I would do with a group of children in a school setting. I have to describe the context of the activity and the purpose behind it, and the evaluate how successful I think it would be.

Has anyone got a good ideas because I'm stressing out. I also have to bring a written statement showing my strengths in one of the extended subject studies. Have a written english test, be asked to write for 20minutes on my comments and views on Every Child Matters. Group task and Interview.

By the way I have applied for lower Primary.

thanks

3. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

Libby, have a look at this post:
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/282435.aspx
    Canny has given excellent advice on preparation for a presentation.

4. Is this for Worcester Uni by any chance?

I recently had my interview there - it's not as bad as it looks! For the presentation talk about an activity that you have done or observed. I used cue cards to stop the nerves lol (I was worried about this looking bad but I got in!).

Read some of the 'Every Child Matters' doc but I believe it's more about grammar etc than the content (they said it was marked by a English tutor anyway...).

Of course, if it's not for Worcs the above is not as relevant, but if you want more advice let me know...

5. Hey, yes it is for worcester uni!! Have you been accepted?

My interview is not til 3rd of feb but i'm really worried. I have read some of the "Every Child Matters" doc but its the presentation that I feel I'm going to find hardest.

What kind of things did people talk about in their presentations? and what was the group task like?

Hope yours went well

Thanks for your help

6. I've just read you post again and realised you did get in - well done you!!!

I feel abit better knowing you used cue cards lol but still worried about what to do it on. I've worked as 1:1 ta so have not had much experience working with groups of children.

Scary!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Hi, I have an interview at Wors in 2 weeks. What kind of thing did you write for your ESS piece of writing this is stressing me out more than anything.Thanks

8. I'm stressing out about the ESS statement for my interview in Worcester in a couple of weeks!! I'm using maths as this was my a level but really not sure what to write! How was your interview?
    Thanks

9. Hi,
    well my interview was last year and i am now on the course!!!
    Interview was lovely.. really!! V laid back and the staff all really niee. My ESS is English. I just wrote how i did drama as a child, english a level, used english in my degree as had to write essays! used it in my job and on a daily basis as i communicate!

Mayb just write how u did it as alevel and really enjoyed all through school etc. What was your degree in? What do you do in your job now? Do u use any mathematical concepts? Any other advice or help you want re interview then contact me and ill be willing to help xx