1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview portfolios - photos of children... to do or not to do?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Vanadesse, May 6, 2012.

1. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

I'm preparing my portfolio for an interview coming up this week (I'm a PGCE, soon to be NQT) as it seems that the general consensus is to take one with you and if there's a question in interview where you have evidence to support it, offer it, but don't force it on them. I like to be prepared so I'm taking one, though I may end up not using it.

I have one question though and that's whether we should include pictures of children in it? Part of me thinks well, we're teachers, we work with children and so they're likely to be a part of it. Seems a bit like asking a car manufacturer not to use any pictures of a car but with child protection and safeguarding at the level that it is these days, I'm wondering whether it would be frowned upon to have pictures of children in the portfolio? If I used them, I could of course justify it like a school does when they use pictures - no name included, the child isn't identifiable etc. but I'm still unsure as to whether it's ok to use them or not. Any thoughts?