1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview-PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Amylovesnick, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Hi,

I have an interview for a reception job on Wednesday (25.4.12). Although i have been in the early years for 2 years now my experience has been in nursery so would appreciate some help.
    The brief ive been given is:
    30 mins on writing for a purpose
    Thats it!
    I was thinking of doing an "Awe and Wonder" intro for the whole class, then have 2-3 groups writing for a purpose and the other groups (5 in total) engaging in related child initiated.
    As ive only got half an hour it needs to be really WOW but also show progress in a short amount of time.
    Please help with any ideas for focus/CIA interview prep ANYTHING would be so appreciated.

2. Hi,

I have an interview for a reception job on Wednesday (25.4.12). Although i have been in the early years for 2 years now my experience has been in nursery so would appreciate some help.
    The brief ive been given is:
    30 mins on writing for a purpose
    Thats it!
    I was thinking of doing an "Awe and Wonder" intro for the whole class, then have 2-3 groups writing for a purpose and the other groups (5 in total) engaging in related child initiated.
    As ive only got half an hour it needs to be really WOW but also show progress in a short amount of time.
    Please help with any ideas for focus/CIA interview prep ANYTHING would be so appreciated.

3. Is Awe and wonder for a purpose? I would do a shopping list for the tiger that came to tea or the hungry caterpillar. How will you know the other activities will be child initiated? I would have one group writing with you and then activities that cover the 6 areas of learning. Do you know the children or school?

4. hurny

hurny New commenter

I have done this activity before with my class and they were very keen:
    Whole class: I brought in a package addressed to the class (re-used a box package). I first asked "Can we guess what's inside? Who it is from?"
    Inside I put a bear with a letter (A3 size) from Woody and Buzz (Toy Story), on the letter I stuck a picture of them then wrote about how they are enjoying themselves at Bonnie's house but there wasn't enough room for this bear. Could they look after it, give it a name and write back telling them what the bear's name is and what activities it can do in their class.
    Small group: I put A4 a bear picture (clipart) on A4 paper for the children to write back.
    I also had camera for the children to take photos of the activities they wrote about.
    This is only good for an interview if you have a soft toy that you don't mind leaving there.
    If it's too ambitious, it might be worthwhile writing a letter from some type of TV/film character addressed to the class asking the children to write back about something.