1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview - please help!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by magmac, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Go back and have a look at the thread started by Radient!That should help!If you need further help just e-mail me.

2. Well - I did my last lesson (where I got the job) on a book called postman bear. Now I was doing numeracy, but you could use the same story or another postman story (jolly Postman??) and get the children to order the events in the story - they could link the houses up with a road (piece of string) for the postman to walk down!! That wouldn't last long and you could read the story to the whole class.

I used envelopes and we were recognising numbers and posting the letters - I was only meant to do the activity with one group, but observing teacher was so impressed she asked if all the children could do the activity!! (which was really good).

Good luck, I hope that helps!! Let me know if you need any more help!!!

3. Thank you for the replies! Going to have a look on Amazon for the book now!

4. Hello,

Ireally like some more information how you did your teaching task with postman bear, as would like to do the same in my teaching interview. Could you please tell me how you went about it, to see if it could be a possible teaching task for my interview.

Thanks, would be really grateful

Emma

5. Emma,

I read the story 'Postman Bear' to the whole class. The at the end asked the children questions about the story - how many letter did he deliver? Who were they for? etc. Then got the children to count to 20, clapping on the numbers asthey said them. Then I got a child to come to the front and pick a number card, they then showed it to the class who told me what the number was. Then I would choose another child to come to the front to hold the 'postbox' (made from an old baby milk tin, covered with red paper). As a class we counted out the same number of letters and posted them into the postbox. I repeated this 5 times.

The class teacher had given me a group of 5 children with mixed abilities and we continued the task as a group.

Is that ok? Does it make sense? Let me know!!!!

6. Thanks. What did you repeat five times? Was it the child picking up a letter card? or the a child posting a letter card?

Sorry if i am asking a silly question!!

Thanks

Emma

7. Both.....I got the children to pick up another number card, then count out another set of 'letters' and post them - if you want I'll email you the lesson plan!!!

8. helskie26

helskie26 New commenter

mrst1985- please could I be really cheeky and ask for a copy of your lesson plan as it sounds like a great lesson and I am being observed by the head soon for my performance management task. Thank you very much
    heleneurope99@hotmail.com

9. Yes please, that would be great

Thanks for the lesson plan

10. You have mail - sent out the email this morning!!!

11. Thanks

12. emjane - ru the same person as emma25?

13. Yes sorry, i have two acounts.

14. Hi your lesson sounds really good. please could i have a copy of your plan. Thanks
    my email is: groovybird13@hotmail.com

15. Pinkstripes,

How did the interview go? What did you do in the end?x

16. Could I have a copy of your plan too, as I have an interview on 23rd in a reception class and not sure how to impress :)
    Many thanks.

nellie

beverley_bland@hotmail.co.uk

17. I've sent you the lesson plan nellie!!! Hope it helps.