1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Panic - help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by seakay, May 2, 2011.

1. seakay

seakay New commenter

Hi all,
    This is a desperate plee for help! I've got my lesson sorted, all my other bits etc... but right now I'm drawing a blank on issues what the current hot issues in primary education are...
    I know it sounds lame but help me Tessers; you're my only hope...

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. I've never been asked about education issues in interviews.
    Have you tried reading the articles on here or bbc education?

4. marlin

and here:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/education
    Just pick on a couple of items that interest you and read in more depth - you won't be expected to know everything. Some suggestions:
    Pensions are a pretty hot with everyone at the moment! Industrial action is on the cards.
    Curriculum changes.
    Academies.
    Discipline.

5. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Hah! About to type with all of those and marlin beat me to it!
    Maybe pensions and industrial action not the best to lead with as these are arguably not directly about education so much as employment conditions (although of course they are linked). Wouldn't be good to be drawn into giving your views on industrial action in an interview!

6. marlin

I agree - hence the exclamation mark! My other suggestions though I hope are more suited.

7. seakay

seakay New commenter

Thanks all!
    Academies was kind of on my list, although I know it's not an issue at the school I'm hoping to go to.
    The discipline one is good, I've had some stuff through already which I shall have to have a quick flick through. Although I shall raise it more as a behaviour issue as opposed discipline.
    Thanks again!

8. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Schools facing budgetary constraints might be another.

9. Providing appropriate provision for gifted and talented is a bit of a buzz at the moment as well.