1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

INTERVIEW PANEL - what are you really looking for?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by merlymoo, May 19, 2012.

1. Have posted this in Primary too.
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="post">I have an interview with Y4 children coming up. 30 mins Literacy or numeracy - no specific objectives (I have a fantastic Science lesson I wanted to try out - but NO)
    My mind is currently buzzing with 1000 ideas none of which seem very good at the moment SO I wanted to know what the panel are REALLY looking for.
    Will I be penalised for not using ICT?(school has smartboards and I am used to activprimary)
    Are they looking for me to show my indepth subject knowledge or is it more important for the lesson to be highly interactive?
    Will they expect the children to produce "proper" work OR are whiteboard work/post it note activities OK.
    I am maths co-ordinator, do you think I should go with maths because of this?
    Any constructive thoughts, comments or ideas greatly appreciated.
    </td></tr></table>

2. Have posted this in Primary too.
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="post">I have an interview with Y4 children coming up. 30 mins Literacy or numeracy - no specific objectives (I have a fantastic Science lesson I wanted to try out - but NO)
    My mind is currently buzzing with 1000 ideas none of which seem very good at the moment SO I wanted to know what the panel are REALLY looking for.
    Will I be penalised for not using ICT?(school has smartboards and I am used to activprimary)
    Are they looking for me to show my indepth subject knowledge or is it more important for the lesson to be highly interactive?
    Will they expect the children to produce "proper" work OR are whiteboard work/post it note activities OK.
    I am maths co-ordinator, do you think I should go with maths because of this?
    Any constructive thoughts, comments or ideas greatly appreciated.
    </td></tr></table>

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done for getting that interview.
    No, not if other main issue covered.
    Neither. There is something more important.
    Main issue more important.
    Good gracious me - surely you don't need to ask this? Of COURSE it must be numeracy! [​IMG]
    What are they looking for? What is the main issue? you know it really, you're just panicking and thinking about minor issues.
    It is very simple what they are looking for - Learning and Progress according to Ofsted criteria.
    And it doesn't matter how you achieve it.
    And to keep you busy this weekend:
    Do go to the Welcome thread and read the general advice in the Interview clickables.
    And then read this: * * * * * Teaching a lesson at interview * * * * *
    Do read this thread too :
    Safeguarding and Child Protection - the questions, NOT the answers. (Bump it when you've finished reading it)
    Well done again on getting your interview - we look forward to you starting a brand new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes