1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview on wed 13th for Primary PGCE current issues

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bongo2425, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am hoping somebody can help i have been told today i have an interview for the primary PGCE next wed ( very short notice) the problem i have is i am having surgery on friday so have a very short time to prepare for the presentation.
    Discuss a current issue in education, my background is health and so i am unsure as to what to discuss. I was considering obesity and linking this to education? but not sure if this is applicable.

Can anyone help?

2. Have a look at what is currently in the news with regards to education. Obesity is obviously a huge issue but I'm not sure how you can link that, unless you talk about the importance of teaching healthy eating and providing opportunities for physical exercise - I'm not sure whether this is a 'current issue in education' though, but it could be a really interesting presentation.
    Read the last few issues of the TES and see if there's anything in there you could use as a starting point.
    Hopefully someone more experienced will come along and help more!