1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview on Tuesday - last words of advice?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by CrunchyMcFlurry, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Hi all, got my interview for secondary PGCE at York on Tuesday, feeling really nervous in case I do or say something ridiculously stupid. I haven't had an interview since I started my partime job when I was 17! Has anybody got any final words of advice (or comfort lol) for the day? It will be much appreciated [​IMG]

2. Relax! A good tip someone from here gave was to make sure you buy a big bottle of water in the morning so you keep hydrated. Try and get an early night the night before, make sure you get there in advance. Is it York University or York St John? York Uni is quite big so try and plan your way round the campus if you can.
    I tend to panic so I made a folder to help which had everything in the order I'd need it. So I had train information then hotel stuff, confirmation of interview (if you have it) then academic certificates etc etc, made everything easy to find.
    Be confident and animated and just try and remember everyone is in the same boat as you! Best of luck xx

3. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

I did my interview at York University. Ensure you have practised your prepare lesson, and get a B&B overnight and great sleep. And enjoy it!

4. Thanks guys! It's York [​IMG] will definitely be having an early night and a big bottle of water!