1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview observation

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by eleanor89, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Hi, I have an interview on Monday for a Foundation Stage Post. For my lesson observation, I have to plan and teach a 20-30 minute writing activity to a group of five mixed ability Foundation Stage children. Any ideas would be greatly apprectiated.

Thank you in advance.

Eleanor.

2. What would <u>you</u> like to do? I bet you have loads of ideas and just want to run them past a few people for advice?

3. I was thinking of focusing on describing words. Maybe having 5 boxes with a different object in each one. The children would have to put their hands in and feel the objects. They then have to write what the object feels like on a post-it note and stick it to the box. At the end the children then have to write a sentence saying what they think is in each box.

4. I think this is yet another lowballer for an interview expectation.
    How can you really know about the writing of Reception children when you are on an interview.
    I think it's a shame that schools don't just ask teachers on interviews just to read the children a story and see the relationship between teacher and children - and see how skillfully the interviewee reads the story and interacts.
    So, I'm not being very helpful - but, once again, my advice is to seek more information from the school unless the school has already given you plenty of background information about the class and you have seen examples of what the children generally can do.