1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Observation help KS1

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Maryanne79, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Hi,
    I have an interview next week and I have been given the details of the observation.

Can anyone give me any ideas

Please bring an object of your choice that you can share with the children to motivate and engage them. You will have around 15 minutes with the children. We hope they will learn something

Tia

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Gosh - I don't think I lack imagination, but I never find this sort of thing easy! A teapot springs to mind, as half of our Year 6 didn't know what one was this week!!!! You could discuss it's shape and what it's made of - introduce vocabulary like curved and fragile. What is it used for? Why does it have a lid? Then you could finish by reading the story of The Tiger Who Came to Tea.
    I'm sure lots of people will have much better ideas!!!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Good idea from sunshineneeded. However you really need to find an idea of your own.
    Think of some object you have which could be used for discussion as sunshineneeded suggest. Or one which could be looked at mathematically / historically etc.