1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Observation - Differentiation for a class I've no information on...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by tryingtogetorganised, Feb 24, 2012.

1. What lesson have you got to teach? Can it be differentiated by outcome? It's always worth involving drama, group discussions and role play ;-) It's worth imagining how you'd do the same activity for year 6 and year 2, that way you should cover every possibility. Remember, they're not going to set you up to fail, they want to see how you build relationships and what your style of teaching is like.
    Good luck!

2. Ruthie66

Ruthie66 New commenter

Are you teaching a lesson as part of the interview? If you are then I think it's reasonable to ask them for further information - what levels are the children working at? are there any children with specific needs you should consider? If it is just an interview and you are concerned about differentiation coming up as a topic you can say that you would need some information to be able to differentiate effectively and then discuss some differentiated learning that you have planned as part of your teaching practice.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Also ask if there will be a TA or not.
    If there is, you'll need to manage her work as part of your planning. If not, you will show how you can manage a group on your own.
    Win-Win!
    Well done for getting that interview. Read through the tips in the Interview clickables in the Welcome thread at the top of the thread, they should be helpful.
    It's a tradition on here that when you get a job, you start a new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job! This encourages others. We look forward to yours!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com