1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview next week - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by hele73, Jan 29, 2019.

1. hele73

hele73 New commenter

hele73
    Hi, I've got an interview next week. I have to take in an object of my choice to do a speaking and listening activity. I've got some good ideas, but wondered if anyone has got any tried and tested ones?
    Thanks in advance!

2. ViciousChicken

ViciousChicken New commenter

Well done on getting an interview!
    What year group?

3. ViciousChicken

ViciousChicken New commenter

I'd be looking at what they are doing as their class topic this term and seeing if there was any way of linking the object to the topic...that way you look like you've done your research on what they're learning and also they will be quite engaged with the activity as it's relevant to current learning.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

First can I suggest that what any panel wishes to see, is your own orignal ideas rather than someone else's tried and trusted ones. ;) So well done on having some ideas of your own already.

I like ViciousChicken's idea of researching current topics being studied. :)

ViciousChicken likes this.
  5. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

As @Lara mfl 05 says, the ideas must be your own. ‘Tried and tested’ means tried and tested for someone else, not you. You can always try an idea out on your current class and see how they respond. But what may work in one environment with a particular teacher or group of children may not work in another. Have plenty of options up your sleeve of different directions things could go in, in case the grand plan is not received as enthusiastically as you’d hoped.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.