1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview next WEDNESDAY 18TH MAY for Business Studies and ICT need help please for interview lesson

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by lyoung84, May 11, 2011.

1. Hi

I usually teach profit and loss using Excel - mainly because I like to make the link about how I was practically married to spreadsheets whilst training as an accountant! So a nice real world link there

As it's 45 minutes, you'd be best to provide the spreadsheet already made with gaps for figures to be inputted (with other cells locked). Or if they don't have pc access during your lesson then demo on the board, with prints for students to use. The level of technology available in the classroom allocated to you will determine how interactive the ict element is.

Other than that, there's assessment strategies, VAK, differentiation and the progress of all students - if you're aiming for outstanding.

If it was me, I'd do something simple or tried and tested - helps with keeping calm. IMHO - interview lessons are as much about the basics of clear explanations and teachers who can relate to students than anything else

Good luck! Let us know how it goes

2. So frustrating when my phone takes out my paragraphs! Hope it makes sense anyway.

3. lkparkes

lkparkes New commenter

Sorry I've only just had chance to reply. Thank you for your advice. Was really helpful. And I did get the job :)