1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview- Maths Activity

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by d0105f, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Hello,

I have a job interview for a Teaching Assistant post in Reception. I have to do a 15 minute activity with 6 mixed ability children on the area of Number. I have been in Nursery for a long time and no sure where the children are at in Reception at this stage of term. I was thinking of doing addition. Any help would be fantastic!

Ali

2. Maybe you could make a large target, at which the children throw beanbags. Each ring represents a number, and they have to add up their scores, or do a tally? It would be easy to differentiate according to the children, and could be done outdoors.

3. Thanks rosieme

4. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

If you look at Development Matters, the Early Learning Goals are where children should be at this point of the year (end of Reception). Of course some will be above and some below, but it will give you an idea.