1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lessons and ICT

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by lily_w, Aug 13, 2011.

1. lily_w

lily_w New commenter

Hello everyone. I am still on the job hunt and am thinking about next year. I have a question about interview lessons - how many of you have used ICT (mainly interactive whiteboards) in an interview lesson and been successful? If not, what sort of activity did you do for your interview lesson? I always find it really difficult to decide as I'm not sure what the schools want and it's so hard when you don't know the class. I've been to several interviews and have always used the interactive whiteboard (as I really think it enhances lessons) but I wonder if this is where I go wrong. Do schools generally disapprove of ICT in an interview lesson? Experiences would be really appreciated. Thanks.

2. lily_w

lily_w New commenter

Hello everyone. I am still on the job hunt and am thinking about next year. I have a question about interview lessons - how many of you have used ICT (mainly interactive whiteboards) in an interview lesson and been successful? If not, what sort of activity did you do for your interview lesson? I always find it really difficult to decide as I'm not sure what the schools want and it's so hard when you don't know the class. I've been to several interviews and have always used the interactive whiteboard (as I really think it enhances lessons) but I wonder if this is where I go wrong. Do schools generally disapprove of ICT in an interview lesson? Experiences would be really appreciated. Thanks.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Not had many 'actual interviews', so not based on much experience, but I would have thought they'd expect to see a range of multi-media approaches-or at least planning for such.
    Problem with some schools is their system isn't always compatible with your resources (constant problem on supply so this is based on experience).
    Then the ICT might fail on the day-happened to a colleague, who fortunately had a back-up of printouts for just such an eventuality!
    My last interview I had a PPT (because they work on Promethean <u>and </u>Smartboards), some flashcards, mini whiteboards/pens/wipes and some ready-made resources for children to match up and then play games, plus a detailed lesson plan including where I wanted to take the children with their learning if I had more time. (Didn't get the job mind you!)

4. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

I know this is a 'bland' answer but what schools want to see in an interview lesson is excellent planning and outstanding progress and if ICT is a part of that use it, if not, don't.
    What I have sometimes done in the past is indicated on my lesson plan where I might have used ICT in the lesson had I been more familiar with class dynamics and equipment x