1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by dixonh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. dixonh

dixonh New commenter

Hello everyone

I have an interview and would like to use a lesson I have taught before that worked really well...

What are your opinions of using tasty treats in interview lessons to help students associate them with different theories?

Thanks in advance!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Ooh, dangerous territory there if you're talking 'food' treats.

How would you know about any potential allergies? (How up-to-date is your epipen training? )

Might there be a 'Healthy Eating' policy in the school which prohibits certain types of food?

Could you adapt the lesson to have pictures of the treats for the word association, which would bypass any potential problems?

3. dixonh

dixonh New commenter

Good points! I think I'll use pictures instead!!

4. pcsmush

pcsmush Occasional commenter

Just to add to this discussion, you could always put a note in your lesson plan that if you knew the class better you would have used actual food to stimulate the learning. I'm pretty sure the panel would be impressed. :)

dixonh and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Great idea- just check the school hasn't got any objections in a 'Healthy Eating' policy. Check on the website.

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Some wise words above!

I'll just congratulate you on getting that interview, and show you where to find the interview advice.

Interviews advice: I have included here links that may not be relevant to you, for the benefit of other posters.

3. Preparing for Interview I suggest that you read these in this order

Does calling for a reference mean that you've been shortlisted for interview? ***NEW ***

Help, I've got an interview! *** The basic advice ***

Teaching an observed lesson at interview

Using mind-mapping for interviews *** The best-loved advice ***

Tell us about yourself - dream or nightmare question? *** Read and note this ***

Daft Interview Questions

What shall I wear to the interview?

Interviews – making a positive first impression

How do you decide who to appoint?

What excuse can I give for going to interview?

Child Protection: the questions, NOT the answers

A typical Child Protection Policy

Two interviews and a dilemma

Interview feedback - they blamed my experience, but they knew that when they shortlisted me!

SLT interviews - possible questions

In-tray exercises. Deputy Head

Assistant Head interviews

General interview questions

Questions to ask at the end of your interview

On here we have a very nice tradition that when you actually get a job, you started a brand-new thread (not adding it to this one - a brand-new thread) where you told us your good news. You call it Dear Theo - I got that job! and this gives everyone a chance to congratulate you. It also gives them hope and inspiration for their own jobseeking, to see you successful.

Make sure you congratulate someone when you see a thread like that!

So I will end by saying that we look forward to seeing your Dear Theo - I got that job!

Best wishes

dixonh likes this.