1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Lesson

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hannah1317, May 3, 2012.

1. Hi

I've got my first interview next week and have been told to teach times tables to a Year 2 class for 30 minutes.

Any ideas for an interesting/interactive main activity?

I've got plenty of ideas for starters/plenaries but I'm not sure what to do to make times tables the main activity.

Thanks!

2. Hi

I've got my first interview next week and have been told to teach times tables to a Year 2 class for 30 minutes.

Any ideas for an interesting/interactive main activity?

I've got plenty of ideas for starters/plenaries but I'm not sure what to do to make times tables the main activity.

Thanks!

3. Hi
    I would include resources so they can make groups of objects and higher ability can divide. My current year 2's love 'Zap Maths' it is good to see where they are or as plenary. You choose two willing volunteers and say which tables you are doing and then say 3 x and the chn with their fingers as lazers direct at each other and say answer firs one wins 3 in a row = a prize. My class are very competative though and I often say that my old lady ears couldn't tell and they both deserve a sticker (especially for children who taking part is a real challenge enough)
    WIth main activities using objects or props for a 'party' and giving chn lists of things they need such as buns in packs of 5 how many packs will you need to buy? and so on.
    Good luck!