1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

interview lesson...

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by emily-rose, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Hi :) I was hoping that someone could help me. I have an interview next week and as part of it i have to deliver a lesson to a year five class on developing cross curricular writing using a focused stimulus. I really don't have a clue my mind has gone completely blank. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. If this is really true then perhaps you should withdraw from the interview and teaching altogether. If, however, what you really mean is that you are doubting your own ideas then go with your gut. Do some research, develop your own ideas and run with them. When you have an overall plan, run it past someone else if you want, but until then you really need to think things through for yourself - you'll have to do it several times a day soon so best start now!

3. Hi there,

I'm sure we can all admit to drawing a blank now and again, especially when you have the pressure of teaching a lesson for an interview.

This might help with some cross-curricular ideas. I'm a fan of this website and have often looked at it for initial inspiration.....and there's nothing wrong with that!

http://www.teachingideas.co.uk/english/amazingideaswriting.htm

4. Thank you! I do have a few ideas I'm just not sure if they fit the brief.
    One idea I have is getting a newspaper article than reports on a current issue such as the droughts in London and discussing it with the children, then move on to talking about the features of newspaper articles. Then they would go through the article and pick out the features. But like I said I'm not sure if that is the kind of thing that they mean.

5. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

Are you on a placement right now? Can you run your ideas past your mentor?