1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by winfieldv, May 14, 2011.

1. Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me?

I have to teach a lesson as part on my interview. I'm teaching maths to year 4 and they have asked for it to be creative. I'm thinking along the lines of an investigation, has anyone got any suggestions? Any will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

Have you got any ideas of your own? Then perhaps others could offer suggestions to add to yours.
    I say this because the school are interviewing YOU and want to know if YOU can plan and deliver a good lesson. It rather undermines that process if your ideas came from a website.
    Additionally, don't you think that schools use TES? What if they read this thread, read a response and realise that someone else gave you the suggestion for your lesson? Won't look very good. Or, worse still, what if another candidate for the same job reads it and decided to deliver that lesson....you'd both look rather silly.

3. I appreciate what you are saying and have planned the lesson. I was just wondering how others viewed the wording of a 'creative' lesson. I took it to mean to allow the children to explore for themselves however, since the word creative is frequently now the meaning differs between schools. Sorry I should have explainer more clearly.

4. In that case, the only people who can answer your question are the ones who set the task. As you rightly pointed out, the meaning of the word "creative" can vary hugely. So any answers here will just be an opinion, which could then lead you in completely the wrong direction.
    Ask the school/PGCE/GTP provider what they mean and what they are looking for.