1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview lesson

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by rerja, May 11, 2011.

1. Have just had the news that I have an interview for a nursery job, Good stuff! Only thing is the iterview lesson i am expected to deliver is supposed to be 30 mins long! Which is a very long time for nursery children to spend on carpet focus, so obv i would be thinking of splitting them into groups to get some more interactive work done but i have no idea as to the support that is going to be available! It has to be a literacy session. Any ideas as to how to fill 30 mins without the kids dying of boredom, but without splitting into groups!?!?!
    I think my brain is gonna melt.
    Cheers :)
    MissFish

2. It's perfectly reasonable for you to contact the school and ask what support will be available, and whether you will be allowed to have some briefing time with the helpers beforehand. I am always amazed that when we interview for posts, how little people contact the school to ask questions such as this - it will make you seem conscientious and keen, rather than the reverse.
    As for the organisation, you could think about the children all doing soemthing at their table that they could bring back to the carpet. Maybe different parts of a monster etc that they have thought of, and use these to build up a class description of a charcater that fits with a poem/story/picture from the opening of the lesson.
    Good luck!