1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interview Lesson

Discussion in 'History' started by mcrowley1987, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have an interview on Monday and need to do a half hour lesson on the assassination of Franz Ferdinand for a year 8 mixed ability class. I have not taught this topic before and would greatly appreciate any ideas that anyone has.
    Thanks
    Michael

2. Hi,
    I have an interview on Monday and need to do a half hour lesson on the assassination of Franz Ferdinand for a year 8 mixed ability class. I have not taught this topic before and would greatly appreciate any ideas that anyone has.
    Thanks
    Michael

3. thanks! well i think judging by the email it want the focus to be more on how the assassination was the spark. They have been over long term causes, think my question will be along the lines of 'How did 2 bullets cause 20 million deaths?'. Going to print some flags out for some of the children to represent the different countries (they should know about the alliances if they have been over the long term causes) and how they react to the assassination. So Austrai declares war on Serbia, Russia on Austria etc. Still very rough idea though